Friday, January 20, 2012

Photo Friday: A different view of Wishes

Wishes from Narcoosees
Welcome to another Photo Friday!

One great benefit of another trip to Walt Disney World is more great Photo Friday moments!

This week, I'm sharing a shot I took from the deck outside Narcoosee's at the Grand Floridian. 

So here's the story behind this photo:  I didn't have a tripod, but there was the deck railing.  I carefully set my SLR on the rail, set the shot to manual (ISO 1600, Iris at F/14 and shutter at 3.2 seconds), kept the shot very wide and just started taking shots.

Some of this is just luck, some of this is getting down the timing.  I was watching for when the shells were fired into the air and took the shot then, knowing that I was exposing the shot for 3 seconds.

And here's the end result!  Now just think about what you can do if you can find a nice steady place to set your camera... but that's a story for another time.

Until next time!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers