Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tip Tuesday: It's all in the feet

Welcome to another Tip Tuesday!

This week's tip is short and sweet and it's something I hope you're already doing -- wear good shoes when touring the parks.

I know this sounds like a no-brainer, but it's not. Every time I'm in the parks, I see people walking around in sandals, flip-flops or crocs and complaining about how their feet hurt.

Keep in mind that over the course of a single day in the parks, you'll walk quite a bit -- several miles at least!

Wearing the wrong kind of shoes can turn a day of magic and memories into a day full of pain and discomfort - and that's not fun.

So what kind of shoes should you wear? I strongly recommend good walking or running shoes. I actually wear my marathon shoes when I'm at the parks. They provide extra support and cushioning and don't wear my feet out by the end of the day.

So go to a quality shoe store (not some bargain shop) and get properly fitted for a pair of running/walking shoes.

Trust me on this one, you and your feet will be glad you did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. I cringe every time I see a little kid being dragged around in princess shoes, or a mom in her flip flops. FOLKS this is SERIOUS vacation LOL support your feet!

Blog Archive

Followers