Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Skip the Fastpass line for Toy Story Mania? Sometimes

Welcome to another Tip Tuesday!

What's the most popular attraction at Walt Disney World?

If you make that decision based on the longest average wait time, then the choice is very clear: Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Most times of the year, wait times at Toy Story Midway Mania (TSMM) will top out at 100+ minutes, and sometimes much, much longer.

The best way to avoid the long lines is to get to the park at rope drop. I've talked about this several times before. However with TSMMl, there's an additional bit that I think will help make your experience with TSMM much more enjoyable.

You see once the rope drops and the crowds begin to move, there is a massive cattle rush toward TSMM. Everyone's headed for the FastPass machines. Within minutes, the line to get FastPasses can be backed up all the way to One Man's Dream. This means a wait of at least 30 minutes just to get a FastPass.

I've been in this situation several times. Instead of standing in that tremendous line, I skip it and go straight for the standby line. Most times, I will end up with a wait of less than that of the FastPass line -- and with much less hassle.

Best of all, by the time I get out from my first ride on TSMM, the FastPass line has gone way down (to less than 5 minutes) and I hop in and get another FastPass for that afternoon.

So there you go -- the best of both worlds!! Try this next time you're at rope drop at Hollywood Studios, you'll be glad you did!

Until next time: To Infinity and Beyond!!!

2 comments:

K. C. Wells said...

Fantastic idea! I'm going to try that on our next trip. My kids LOVE that ride, but at ages 4 and 2, they're not so great with waiting too long. Thanks!

Adam said...

Any tips on how to rack up a high score?

Blog Archive

Followers