Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tip Tuesday: Driving around the World - the parks

Welcome to another Tip Tuesday!

Before I discuss this week's tip, I have to issue a disclaimer: I just finished watching this week's episode of LOST and I am more lost than ever before. So if I start rambling, my mind is still pondering just what in the world is happening on that blasted island!!

Ok, on with the show!

Last week, I talked about one great way to get to Walt Disney World if you happen to be flying into Orlando International Airport (MCO), and that's Disney's Magical Express.

Of course, there are more ways to get to Walt Disney World than just flying. A whole lot of people (including my family) will hop in the car and make the long trek on the good ol' road. Now road trips these days aren't (hopefully!) like the infamous Griswald trek to Wally World as seen in Vacation! (a classic!).

I'm not going to discuss how to drive to WDW this week, though I may bring it up on a future post. This week, I'm going to talk about getting around WDW in your own (or rental) car.

First is getting to the different parks. All the major roads at Walt Disney World (World Drive, Epcot Center Drive, Osceola Parkway) have plenty of signage directing you to the different parks, resorts and more. Of course, when parking at any of the theme parks, there is a parking fee... unless you happen to be:
  • An annual passholder
  • An on-property resort guest
AP holders and on-property resort guests may park for free - that's right free! Many park pros have discovered it's sometimes easier and faster just to take your own car instead of waiting for a bus to come by. This is most particularly the case at the value resorts, where there are many more guests usually waiting for buses than at other resorts. All you have to do when you stop at the parking gate is to show your annual pass or have your parking pass on your dashboard. That's it. You're done! You'll be in the parks following a short tram ride.

So if you've got wheels and you're an AP holder or on-property resort guests (or both) -- use 'em!

In an upcoming post, I'll talk more about driving around the world, especially when visiting places other than the parks.

Oh, and if you happen to be the smoke monster - please just stay home.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers