Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The "electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds" are returning

Main Street Electrical Parade

Today Disney held a news conference to announce some new events taking place this summer at Walt Disney World -- and to announce the return of an old friend.

The “Main Street Electrical Parade” will once again light up the streets of Magic Kingdom , kicking off a season of after-dark excitement coming to Walt Disney World Resort.

“After the sun goes down, our Walt Disney World parks will light up the night with ‘Summer Nightastic!’, ” announced Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort, in a news release.
With floats and characters appearing for the first time at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” returns with its joyous sights and sounds. Direct from Disneyland and marking its first engagement in Florida since 2001, the cherished parade will be led by Tinker Bell waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new float. Pinocchio and Snow White join the parade this summer, aboard bright new floats. Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” is set for its summer-long nighttime premiere in early June at Magic Kingdom.

But Disney didn't stop there. They announced even more summer excitement.

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror will welcome “drop-ins” this summer with even more pulse-racing surprises. New lighting effects and the addition of a new drop sequence, created especially for “Summer Nightastic!”, will bring unexpected frights to guests who step into that all-too infamous service elevator.

And what's a "Summer Nightastic" without fireworks? The Magic Kingdom will have a all-new fireworks show.

Personally, I'm hopeful I will be able to see the return of The Main Street Electrical Parade. I can barely remember seeing this amazing show when I was a young child on my first trip to Walt Disney World in the late 70's.

I can only hope that the guest response will be so positive that Disney will let those "electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds" play for even longer.

3 comments:

Go said...

Great news!
Last time I saw the Electro-Parade was the late 90's.
Main St was extra dark as I remember less lighting in the hub and on the buildings.

WDWDillo said...

Is this the best effort Disney is putting forth to compete with Universal's Harry Potter World? It seems a bit lacking to me.

Disney's Folly said...

Disney is expanding Fantasyland dramatically. I think that is their best effort (and one that should do well over a longer period of time). As for the immediate future, I can say as someone who's planning to go to Disney this year, that I will probably stop at Universal on the way, purely to check out Harry Potter and a few other favorites. But it's barely eating into my Disney vacation. I just don't think there's anything at Universal that excites me anymore and I know i'm not alone. A land for Harry Potter (which looks amazing) isn't going to lure me back repetitively to Universal for week long trips the way Disney does with their own product.

Blog Archive

Followers