Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tip Tuesday: Extending the Year of a Million Dreams - sort of

Welcome to another Tip Tuesday!

In last week's post, I talked about Disney park etiquette. This week, I'd like to carry this thought forward a bit further. As you all know the Year of a Million Dreams (that really was two years) ended in 2008. Just because the YOMD is officially over, doesn't mean it has to end completely - with a little bit of magic.

Here is where you can help make a guest's dreams come true. Go get FastPasses for some popular attraction (Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Toy Story Mania, etc.) and then search for a family who appears like they could use a little boost. Approach and ask if they like the attraction you have FP's for and then give those passes to the family. I did this for a few of our trips and it was amazing the magic I created. All of the sudden a family that was having a bit of a rough time is smiling and enjoying the magic once again.

This is especially magical when the parks are crowded and those FastPasses run out by mid-day (if not sooner). Remember, you can have two FastPasses at once, depending on certain circumstances (see my previous Tip Tuesday post about this).

What other ways can you help pay it forward by being kind to other guests? Post a comment with your ideas!

3 comments:

Marc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc said...

Some times, when I am in the park, and I see a kid who is waiting for their parents to come back and they are wearing a pin lanyard. I like to trade pins with the kid. Especially my pins that I get signed by the cast member that created them in NY. Usually they are NY only pins, and it's always fun to trade pins, and the look on the kid's face once they show their parents is priceless.

-Marc

P.S. Sorry about the deleted post, I realized that my spelling was wrong on a word.

DisneyDaddy said...

That's a great way to share the magic!

Blog Archive

Followers