Tuesday, March 3, 2009

High School Musical 4 to debut in 2010

From CNBC:

Coming to the Disney Channel in 2010: High School Musical 4. Disney Channel said in a statement the story would feature a music- and dance-filled love triangle set against cross-town rivalry between fictional high schools in Albuquerque, N.M. It will introduce a new cast of characters after the fictional "graduation" of the original stars Zac Efron, Vanessa Hudgens and Ashley Tisdale in "High School Musical 3: Senior Year".

My take: It might surprise you, but I enjoyed HSM 1,2,3. I have great concerns for HSM 4 with an all-new cast. Anyone remember "Grease 2?" It was an unqualified disaster. I would hate for the HSM franchise to suffer the same. I think Disney might want to re-think this one and let the HSM series go off into the sunset on a high note.

2 comments:

Scratchy Paw said...

Nobody thought the first HSM would take off the way it did. If they have the same people involved with the writing of the songs, the story,the coreography, and the casting it might work again. There's such a small window in pop culture nowadays. The musical fad may just be over by the time HSM 4 is finalized.

Unknown said...

I wonder if the underclassmen they introduced in HSM3 going to remain? I thought they introduced them so they could do a HSM4.

Blog Archive

Followers