Sunday, February 22, 2009

iTunes find: Louis Armstrong sings classic Disney tunes

(Image copyright Amazon.com. All rights reserved).
While searching around iTunes for some Disney-related music, I came across an album I had never seen before. It's called "Disney Songs the Satchmo Way," by Louis Armstrong. I ran through a few sample tracks and was blown away by what I heard. Naturally I had heard Armstrong sing before, but when his signature deep, raspy voice started singing "Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee ay," I was spellbound.
The album has ten songs including:
1. Zip a Dee Doo Dah
2. Ten Feet Off the Ground
3. Heigh-Ho (this is a fun song that Armstrong slightly modifies)
4. Whistle While you Work
5. Chim Chim Cher-ee
6. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo
7. 'Bout Time
8. The Ballad of Davy Crockett
9. The Bare Necessities
10. When you Wish Upon a Star (mesmerizing!)
Check it out on iTunes -- I think you'll find this as incredible as I did. Of course, I downloaded it right away. It's also available on Amazon.com's mp3 download section.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers