Saturday, November 15, 2008

Disney magazines

If you're like me, you can't get enough Disney news. For the past year, I've subscribed to Orlando Attractions Magazine, produced by Ricky Bringante (of the Inside the Magic Podcast) and Matt Roseboom. OAM gives news, not only about Disney, but all attractions in the greater Orlando area (and even includes Busch Gardens Tampa).

I've really enjoyed many of the articles on OAM. But now there's a new player in the Disney magazine game, and another podcaster is partially behind it.

Lou Mongello (of the WDW Radio Show Podcast) has teamed up with Tim Foster (of the Guide to the Magic Web site and books) and a few other Disney pros to create Celebrations Magazine. Like OAM, Celebrations is a bi-monthy publication. Unlike OAM, Celebrations is focused solely on Disney.

Based on the first issue, which recently was released, Celebrations looks to be an outstanding publication. The quality of the photography is incredible (it should be no surprise as Tim Devine from The Magic in Pixels is a contributor). In addition, the paper stock is a very high quality, making this a durable magazine.

So Disney fans, if you're looking to find another outlet for your Disney fix, I suggest checking out both Orlando Attractions Magazine and Celebrations Magazine. The best news of all: it appears they distribute on alternate months, so if you subscribe to both, you're sure to get a Disney fix each and every month.

2 comments:

Hope said...

Thanks for the info on the new Celebrations magazine. I am already a subscriber to Orlando Attractions and really enjoy that magazine. I am now excited to check out this new magazine!

Hope said...

Oh...I guess I ought to let you know, I'm "DisneyHope" from the Sorcerer boards!

Blog Archive

Followers